Valve pushed out 2 small Steam Deck Beta Client updates yesterday and today. They focused primarily on bug fixes, but the one from today put in the option to play a Point Shop startup movie when the Deck is woken up:
Steam Deck Beta Client 3/16/23 Changelog:
- Fixed game beta success/failure and dropdown not updating when opting into a password-protected beta branch
- Fixed a regression in ISteamHTTP talking to servers with ALPN TLS extensions but no HTTP/2 support
Steam Deck Desktop
- Fixed Big Picture Mode not opening when Steam is set to launch on startup when configured as the default mode
Steam Deck Beta Client 3/17/23 Changelog:
- Added option to play a Points Shop startup movie on Wake
- Fixed an issue with non-Steam game configs not loading properly
- Fixed an issue where switching games in the configurator could show data for the wrong game after making an edit.
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out the rest of the content on SteamDeckHQ! We have a wide variety game reviews and news that are sure to help your gaming experience. Whether you're looking for news, tips and tutorials, game settings and reviews, or just want to stay up-to-date on the latest trends, we've got your back.
Leave a Reply