A new Steam Deck Beta Client update was released today. It is a smaller one, but it has a couple big features added with it. The ability to rename controllers and support for low latency networking with Steam Link has been added, but the biggest feature added is the ability to now display the disk usage being taken up from the shader cache. This is awesome to now be able to see the space being taken up by the shader cache:
- Display shader cache disk usage information under Settings->Storage
- Fixed rare case of the connection hanging when starting to stream
- Added support for low latency networking option on Steam Link
- Use fixed bitrate in automatic bandwidth mode to improve picture quality
- Restored ability to rename controllers in the Options->Controller menu.
If you enjoyed this article, check out the rest of the content on SteamDeckHQ! We have a wide variety of game reviews and news that are sure to help your gaming experience. Whether you're looking for news, tips and tutorials, game settings and reviews, or just want to stay up-to-date on the latest trends, we've got your back.