JSAUX has officially unveiled their next Steam Deck dock, which features some hefty changes from their previous iteration:
Now there was a tease of it that came from JSAUX on September 1st, which gave us some of this information, but it seems to have been updated a bit with some clarification and changes.
JSAUX M.2 Dock Official Description:
- 6-in-1 Docking Station for Steam Deck. Equipped with an HDMI [email protected]/[email protected] output, a Gigabit LAN Ethernet input, a USB-C port for charging, two USB-A 3.1 ports, and most importantly, also with an M.2 card slot, letting you explore a new way to play with Steam Deck.
- Support M.2 interface SSD hard drive, and data transfer up to 900MB/S, allowing you to enjoy a more extreme Steam Deck gaming experience
- It comes with a [email protected] / [email protected] HDMI 2.0 output When it's connected to an external 4K monitor, it provides a sharper and smoother visual experience, so you can enjoy the visual feast on your games.
- Full charging speed for your Steam Deck. The JSAUX Steam Deck docking station supports 100W max. power delivery, which is enough power to charge your Steam Deck at full speed (45W) when paired with the original charger.
- The JSAUX all-in-1 Steam Deck docking station blends hub and stands together perfectly, so you can keep your desktop neat and organized.
Unlike what was shown before, the USB ports have been upgraded to 3.1 Gen 2, which is 2x faster than the older ports (10Gbps instead of 5Gbps). The dock will also feature a [email protected]/[email protected] HDMI 2.0 port and a Gigabit Ethernet port with a 100W max power delivery to make sure your Deck can charge at its full speed (45W).
The biggest change from previous docks will be the inclusion of a M.2 docking station, which we got a bit of a closer look. The single M.2 slot at the top will support 2230, 2242, 2260, and 2280 size NVMe, which can come in a variety of storage sizes. It is worth noting that, while the Read/Write speeds of these NVMe can be well over 2000MB/s, the new dock will only support up to 900MB/s, which could be a deterrent for some.
There will be three versions of the dock that JSAUX is selling:
- The Dock Alone: $130 ($100 for the first 100 people)
- The Dock w/ 1TB SSD: $200 ($170 for first 100 people)
- The Dock w/ 2TB SSD: $270 ($240 for first 100 people)
The 2 versions of the dock that have SSDs included will be form factors of 2280 with read speeds of 3300MB/s and write speeds of 2600MB/s, though again, the dock will only support speeds up to 900MB/s.
The Dock will start going on sale in 2 days (September 7th, 7am PDT) and as I was informed, we will be receiving a review copy of this dock as well! We are looking forward to testing it, as well as making sure the mounting process of the M.2 works without worry. What do you guys think of the new dock? Do you feel the pricing is justified? Let us know in the comments!
This sounds like an awesome addition for the steam deck.
Unfortunately as a disabled bloke on a pension , I really don’t think it’s affordable in the near future 😱😱😱
Fingers crossed someone does a giveaway and I’m lucky enough to win it lol….. well it could happen 🥳🥳🥳
Power of positive thought and all that 🥰🥰🥰
You never know what can happen in the future! I hope you are okay though, I can't see us NOT giving one away at some point 😉