A new update to Proton GE was published today, and it brings in some nice changes all around! We have the latest component updates, including the fixes for Helldivers 2 that were added to the Proton Hotfix branch earlier today. We also have some new protonfixes, including ones for Dark and Darker and some for Black Desert Online and Yakuza 5, to fix standalone or non-Steam versions. We also had a fix for GStreamer where an unclosable Wayland window would pop up, and older games will now more properly work with ULWGL!
For those who don't know about Proton GE, how to get it on the Steam Deck, or how to update, check out our Proton GE guide! We go over all of this and explain why having GE is important.
- updated wine to latest bleeding edge, allows helldivers to run
- updated vkd3d-proton to latest git
- updated dxvk to latest git
- added fix for older games to properly set CWD (current working directory) if executable is not inside the wine prefix
Original upstream bugs + fix:
- added fixes for Dark and Darker (thanks nmlynch94)
- updated BDO fixes to work with standalone
- updated Yakuza 5 cutscenes fixes to work on non-steam versions
- cleaned up various no longer required patches (either upstreamed or already fixed)
If you enjoyed this article, check out the rest of the content on SteamDeckHQ! We have a wide variety of game reviews and news that are sure to help your gaming experience. Whether you're looking for news, tips and tutorials, game settings and reviews, or just want to stay up-to-date on the latest trends, we've got your back.