A new version of Proton GE was released earlier! This new version, 8-2, brought the components up to the latest git, wine to the newest bleeding-edge, and updated the Steam Client from upstream proton. On top of that, it also fixes the Daedalic Games protonfixes, adds one for Conception PLUS, and fixes MH Rise and Shatterline.
- wine updated to bleeding edge
- dxvk updated to latest git
- vkd3d-proton updated to latest git
- dxvk-nvapi updated to latest git
- flicker issue fixed in MH Rise
- Shatterline working again
- missing stub backported from wine 8.5 to fix chromium, gameglass
- fixup for daedalic games protonfixes (they were in the wrong folder, thanks marianoag)
- protonfix added for Conception PLUS
- instructions added for steam snap installation in readme (thanks baa14453)
- flatpak url updated in readme (thanks benaryorg)
- dxvk-nvapi game-specific enablements updated from upstream proton
- steam client update from upstream proton
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out the rest of the content on SteamDeckHQ! We have a wide variety game reviews and news that are sure to help your gaming experience. Whether you're looking for news, tips and tutorials, game settings and reviews, or just want to stay up-to-date on the latest trends, we've got your back!