Today, a new update for Proton GE, 8-16, was released, and with it comes a couple of fixes and updates. The usual components, DXVK, vkd3d-proton, and wine, have been updated to their latest gits and some build changes from upstream proton. There were also some protonfixes removed for video playback fixes that are no longer needed for Resident Evil games.
For those who don't know about Proton GE, how to get it on the Steam Deck, or how to update, check out our Proton GE guide! We go over all of this and explain why having GE is important.
- imported build changes from upstream proton
- update wine to latest bleeding edge
- updated dxvk to latest git
- updated vkd3d-proton to latest git
- added patch to fix genshin impact crash on opening long urls (thanks iglu47 and Awekening on discord)
- protonfixes: removed various no longer needed video playback fixes for resident evil games (thanks Bitwolfies)
If you enjoyed this article, check out the rest of the content on SteamDeckHQ! We have a wide variety of game reviews and news that are sure to help your gaming experience. Whether you're looking for news, tips and tutorials, game settings and reviews, or just want to stay up-to-date on the latest trends, we've got your back.