The long awaited update to Proton GE is finally here! GloriousEggroll has released the first version of Proton GE with it rebased to Proton 8 experimental/upstream. On top of that, the components of Proton GE were updated including proton-wine to the latest experimental, dxvk and vkd3d-proton updated to the latest git, and wine-staging was rebased on top of the new proton-wine.
There were also 2 protonfixes introduced here. One fixes cutscene audio in some Daedalic games like Memoria and The Night of the Rabbit, while the other fixes Megadimension Neptunia VII. FSR is also currently disabled since it needs a massive rebase and GloriousEggroll isn't sure if it is currently possible to do that.
If you don't know what Proton GE is, its significance, or how to download/update it, check out our guide! It will give you all the info, as well as show you how to get and update the community-forked compatibility layer.
- All build components rebased to Proton 8 experimental/upstream
- proton-wine updated to latest experimental
- wine-staging rebased on top of proton-wine 8
- proton-ge game patches and pending wine upstream patches rebased on top of proton-wine 8
- dxvk updated to latest git
- vkd3d-proton updated to latest git
- protonfix: No cutscene audio in Daedalic Games (Memoria, The Night of the Rabbit, A New Beginning - Final Cut) - (thanks marianoag)
- protonfix: Megadimension Neptunia VII - (thanks snaggly)
- FSR is currently disabled again. It needs a massive rebase and same as before I don't know if it's currently possible to rebase/port it over to the new proton 8 build.
- Having the nvapi hack configuration enabled in dxvk.conf seems to crash battlenet. Recommend removing it from the config for existing Lutris battle.net installations and related games.
- Overwatch losing focus after death seems to be fixed
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out the rest of the content on SteamDeckHQ! We have a wide variety game reviews and news that are sure to help your gaming experience. Whether you're looking for news, tips and tutorials, game settings and reviews, or just want to stay up-to-date on the latest trends, we've got your back!