Yesterday, GloriousEggroll released two different updates to Proton GE. The former update brings in some updates for Halo Infinite and Diablo 4, while the latter update brings a fix for the Star Citizen EAC patch!
For those who don't know about Proton GE, how to get it, or how to update, check out our Proton GE guide! We go over all of this and explain why having GE is important.
- Diablo IV proper fix from proton upstream added
- Halo Infinite fix/patches from proton upstream added/updated
- protonfix for Outlaws + A Handful of Missions (thanks Stereophonick)
- protonfix for Underdog Detective (thanks Neodamode)
- dxvk updated to git
- vkd3d-protonupdated to git
- wine updated to bleeding edge
This is a hotfix that brings the Star Citizen specific EAC patch to upstream. It allows Star Citizen to run without needing to change the /etc/hosts file and does not interfere with EAC for other games.
Before running Star Citizen
(1) You must set
SteamGameId=starcitizen environment variable to trigger the EAC workaround
(2) this script should be run to remove existing EAC files:
#!/bin/sh if [ -d \"$WINEPREFIX/drive_c/users/$USER/AppData/Roaming/EasyAntiCheat\" ]; then rm -rf \"$WINEPREFIX/drive_c/users/$USER/AppData/Roaming/EasyAntiCheat\"; fi
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out the rest of the content on SteamDeckHQ! We have a wide variety game reviews and news that are sure to help your gaming experience. Whether you're looking for news, tips and tutorials, game settings and reviews, or just want to stay up-to-date on the latest trends, we've got your back!