Valve has released a new update for their Proton Experimental branch! This update fixes some issues in BeamNG.drive, VRChat, and Black Ops 2 zombies and multiplayer. This update also enables nvapi for a ton of games! Nvapi is a Nvidia software development kit for allowing direct access to Nvidia GPUs, so it wouldn't really help us on Steam Deck, but it is cool to see:
- Fix black texture issues in BeamNG.drive.
- Fix upsidedown videos in VRChat and many other games.
- Fix Call of Duty II Zombies and Multiplayer hanging on exit.
- Fix Bail or Jail Demo crashing when opening the Terms of Serivce.
- Enable nvapi for: Amid Evil, Apocalypse: 2.0 Edition, The Ascent, Assetto Corsa Competizione, Back 4 Blood, Bright Memory Infinite, Bright Memory Infinite Benchmark, Chorus, Chorus Demo, Cions of Vega, Cions of Vega Demo, Control Ultimate Edition, Cyberpunk 2077, Death Stranding, Deathloop, Deep Rock Galactic, Deliver Us The Moon, Dying Light 2, Edge of Eternity, Engine Evolution 2022, Engine Evolution 2022 Demo, Everspace 2, Everspace 2 Demo, F1 2020, Get Stuffed, Ghostrunner, Ghostrunner Demo, God of War, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Hitman 3, Hitman 3 Free Starter Pack, Island of the Ancients, Island of the Ancients Demo, Iron Conflict, Lego Builder's Journey, Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered, Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries, Mortal Online 2, Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, No Man's Sky, The Persistence, Pluviophile, Pumpkin Jack, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Soulstice, Soulstice Demo, Stay in the Light, Supraland, System Shock Demo, The Cycle: Frontier, The Elder Scrolls Online, The Orville: Interactive Fan Experience, The Redress of Mira, The Redress of Mira Demo, To Hell With It, Twin stones: The Journey of Bukka, War Thunder, Wrench, Xuan-Yuan Sword VII.
You can view the full Proton changelog over on Github.