A new Proton Experimental update was released today and this one brings in some fixes for a couple big games! This includes Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered no longer ignoring controller input, BeamNG.drive doesn't crash when a steering wheel is connected, and improving performance of Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi. There was also a fix for Creativerse not connecting to local games with a VPN connection active and the DXVK HUD now shows the correct git revision used!
Proton Experimental Update 5/26/23 Changelog:
- Fixed Last Labyrinth displaying only a black screen on the Steam Deck.
- Fixed Creativerse not being able to connect to a local game with a VPN connection active.
- Fixed The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing not rendering text in Polish correctly.
- Fixed a few Proton 8.0 regressions:
- BeamNG.drive no longer crashes when a steering wheel is connected.
- Cafe Stella no longer crashes with 2 elements on the flowchart.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered no longer ignores controller input.
- Indiana Jones and The Emperor no longer crashes on the splash screen.
- Fixed game looking dark and improved performance with Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi.
- Fixed DXVK HUD not showing the correct git revision used.
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out the rest of the content on SteamDeckHQ! We have a wide variety game reviews and news that are sure to help your gaming experience. Whether you're looking for news, tips and tutorials, game settings and reviews, or just want to stay up-to-date on the latest trends, we've got your back.
Leave a Reply