A new Proton Experimental update was pushed out! This one focuses a lot on fixes for specific games, as well as Proton 8 regressions to make some games more playable again. The update did bring some games to the "Now Playable" section too, including Stranger of Paradise and Minecraft Legends. Overall, this is a great update and it is exciting to see more games getting fixed!
- Now playable: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Minecraft Legends, Company of Heroes: Battle of Crete, STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN.
- Fixed Proton 8.0 regressions:
- Baldur's Gate 3 no longer launches to a black screen in Vulkan mode.
- Divinity: Original Sin: Enhanced Edition and Divinity Original Sin II: Definitive Edition no longer crash on resolution change.
- Path of Exile no longer crashes.
- GTA V no longer freezes after each key press.
- Fixed Proton Experimental regression causing Payday 2 to crash on start.
- Improved Elden Ring compatibility compared to Proton 8.0-1. It can still be a bit finicky.
- Fixed memory leak in Trackmania and Ubisoft Connect overlay.
- Added a temporary workaround for EA Launcher crashing. Steam Deck's on-screen keyboard may not pop up automatically while using it.
- Fixed Madballs in Babo: Invasion claiming the game wasn't purchased.
- Fixed PlanetSide 2 launcher.
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out the rest of the content on SteamDeckHQ! We have a wide variety game reviews and news that are sure to help your gaming experience. Whether you're looking for news, tips and tutorials, game settings and reviews, or just want to stay up-to-date on the latest trends, we've got your back!