The next Proton Experimental update was pushed out earlier today and while it doesn't have a ton of fixes, it does make a couple of new games playable on the Steam Deck! With this update, we have Assassin's Creed Mirage, Tenioha!, and Killsquad now playable. And, if you are playing Starfield, the start and select buttons have been fixed. This should affect a bunch of games that use Windows.Gaming.Input, so we may see some fixes across the board here.
- Now playable: Assassin's Creed Mirage, Tenioha! feat. Mami, Killsquad.
- Fixed swapped start / select buttons on controllers in Starfield and other games using Windows.Gaming.Input.
- Fixed triple monitor handling in Project Cars 3 and Project Cars 2.
- Fixed load / save dialogs not working in Idle Spiral on Steam Deck.
- Fixed a few Proton 8.0 regressions:
- Games should be able to switch monitors in fullscreen mode on Cinnamon DE again.
If you enjoyed this article, check out the rest of the content on SteamDeckHQ! We have a wide variety of game reviews and news that are sure to help your gaming experience. Whether you're looking for news, tips and tutorials, game settings and reviews, or just want to stay up-to-date on the latest trends, we've got your back.