A new Proton Experimental update was released yesterday that fixes videos for specific games. On top of that, there are a couple of new games that are now playable, including EverQuest 2 and Soulworker, as well as a fix for Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition and interacting with the minimum requirements prompt.
- Now playable: EverQuest 2, Soulworker, Welcome to Princeland.
- Fixed not being able to interact with minimum requirements prompt in Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition.
- Fixed videos in Empyrion - Galactic Survival and Sword Art Online: Integral Factor not working on certain setups.
- Improved video playback in THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV.
- Fixed a few Proton 8.0 regressions:
- Witcher 3 is able to switch between windowed and fullscreen correctly on XFCE again.
- Echo (751320) works again on Steam Deck.
If you enjoyed this article, check out the rest of the content on SteamDeckHQ! We have a wide variety of game reviews and news that are sure to help your gaming experience. Whether you're looking for news, tips and tutorials, game settings and reviews, or just want to stay up-to-date on the latest trends, we've got your back!