The gorgeous exploration game, SEASON: A Letter to the Future is now officially supported on the Steam Deck! The game was updated 2 days ago and, while there was a bunch of fixes brought in, they also added in Steam Deck optimizations. While they don't go into detail, it is still great seeing a developer make sure the game can run on the Deck. They also added Steam trading cards, badges, emoticons, and profile backgrounds, which is always nice! Here is the changelog for the newest patch:
- Steam deck is now properly supported!
- Steam trading cards, badges, emoticons and profile backgrounds have been added!
- Full screen display mode has been added
- A resolution setting has been added while playing in full screen mode
- The character movement mode no longer reverts to walking when they stop
- The bike rotation speed is now based on its velocity, allowing for more control at lower speeds
- Improved camera behavior while biking
- It is now possible to transition directly from biking to camera/audio recorder/journal
- To make the previous change possible, the default binding for braking has been changed from space bar to left shift (PC only)
- Improved navigation in few places in the path out of Caro map
- Added collisions around certain assets to prevent players getting stuck
- Minor performance optimizations
- Fixed an issue that would prevent certain players to complete the gods pages
- Fixed various typos throughout the game
- Fixed a bug where sketching at a bench before starting the Tide prayer would trigger an incorrect animation
- Fixed an incorrect collision on some pillars in Tieng Valley shrine slope
- Fixed a bug where using the unstuck option while being on the bike would put the character in an incorrect state
- Fixed various localization issues
- Fixed multiple crashes
- Fixed an issue where some texts were overlapping on the toast to Tieng journal page in French
SEASON: A Letter to the Future is currently on sale for $20 due to the Spring Sale event! We haven't had the chance to play SEASON yet, but it sounds like a relaxing and incredible game. Here is how they describe the game on the Steam store page:
*A bicycle road trip: Wind your way through stunning landscapes on your bicycle and take in each moment.
*A compelling narrative: Discover a new world; one unknown yet familiar. Contemplate and make difficult choices that could affect how the story ends. Select and capture the most important moments from the current season to preserve them for future generations.
*Document, photograph, and record: Collect memories, make recordings, and piece together the secrets of the world of SEASON in a highly customizable journal.
*Emotionally complex characters: Meet a diverse cast of characters, each of whom has two precious things to share with you: the stories of their lives and a moment together at the end of the season.
*Immersive Soundtrack: Listen to the gorgeous score as you travel through the world; music is embedded in the landscapes, and evolves and drifts as you do.SEASON: A Letter to the Future Steam Store page
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out the rest of the content on SteamDeckHQ! We have a wide variety game reviews and news that are sure to help your gaming experience. Whether you're looking for news, tips and tutorials, game settings and reviews, or just want to stay up-to-date on the latest trends, we've got your back.